MyPlate Nutrition Education Kit for Head Start Programs:
Reach children and their families with nutrition education based on the new USDA MyPlate guidelines. This curriculum kit offers plenty of activities and lessons that are keyed to Head Start Requirements and learning objectives. Easy-to-integrate into your existing program with plenty of lessons and activities to fit any time slot.
The MyPlate Nutrition Education Kit is designed to help meet Head Start Regulations 1340.21, 1304.23 and 1304.40.
The MyPlate Nutrition Education Kit is designed to help meet Head Start Regulations 1340.21, 1304.23 and 1304.40. Click on the image underneath in the "additional images" section for a detailed correlations guide.
The 5-2-1-0 message is also incorporated into the MyPlate Teacher’s Guide, Teaching Cards, Parent Tip Sheet and Paint Activity Sheet. (5-servings of fruits and vegetables per day; 2-no more than two hours of screen time; 1-at least one hour of physical activity; 0-zero sugary drinks and sodas).
The Head Start MyPlate Nutrition Education Kit includes:
- 1 - Head Start MyPlate Nutrition Teacher's Guide & Masters: Keyed to Head Start Standards, this guide provides quick-start guidelines, flexible activities to fit any time slot, parent participation masters, lesson plans, and pre- and post-test questions. Specifications: 8.5" x 11", 28 pages, one-color saddle stitched binding.
- 1 – MyPlate Puppet: Capture children’s attention with this lovable puppet. Suggestions for using the puppet to help present the lessons are included in the Teacher’s Guide.
- 1 – Oversized Storybook – “The Adventures of MyPlate”: Make good nutrition easy for young children to understand with this engaging, memorable story.
- 1 – MyPlate Activity Placemat Master – Shows MyPlate and samples from the different food groups. Children can connect the foods to their place on MyPlate and color each section of the plate. May be photocopied as much as you wish. 17” x 11”, black & white.
- 25 Copies of 1 Recipe/Activity Card – These MyPlate recipe/activity cards offer simple recipes that can be made in the classroom or with parents at home. Color, 8 ½” x 11”, 1 recipe per card.
- 12 Laminated MyPlate Teaching Cards: Meet Head Start requirements and save preparation time with these colorful, large format teaching cards. Each 14” x 14” card shows a nutrition-related image on the front and includes talking points and activities for that image on the reverse side.
- 25 MyPlate Award Certificates: These colorful certificates offer recognition and good nutrition reminders that can go home with each child at the conclusion of the program.
- 25 MyPlate Tattoos: These removable tattoos are a fun way to help remind children to be healthy eaters.
- 1 MyPlate Poster: Use this colorful 12” x 21.5” poster to reinforce steps to healthy nutrition.
- 25 MyPlate Parent Tip Sheets: “You Can Help Keep Your Child Healthy with MyPlate” provides practical, illustrated steps parents and children can take to toward good nutrition.
- 25 MyPlate Bingo Cards: This lively game helps reinforce good eating habits. Comes complete with reusable game pieces.
- 25 MyPlate Paint Activity Sheets: Children can learn about good nutrition as they color MyPlate with these fun activity pages. 8½” x 11”, black & white with paint colors.
- 1 MyPlate Nutrition Kit Carrying Bag: Each kit comes in a durable, convenient carrying bag.
Try the Head Start MyPlate Nutrition Kit free for thirty days to see how well it works with your program. Call 1-877-669-7233 to arrange your free thirty day review!
|Additional Images : Click to enlarge|