Teaching nutrition based on the USDA’s MyPlate guidelines has never been easier. Even if you have students who have food allergies and sensitivities. Even if you have students who are vegetarians or vegans.
Click here to preview the inside of the book
This Head Start MyPlate Teacher's Guide not only incorporates the USDA’s recommendations and meal patterns for preschoolers, it also supports or meets Head Start requirements 1304.21, 1304.23 and 1304.40. Plenty of ideas, activities, options and alternatives are offered to fit various time constraints, encourage parent involvement and accommodate students who have special diets. Note: This Guide and the entire MyPlate Curriculum Kit are peanut-free.
This Teacher’s Guide makes it easy to integrate MyPlate nutrition education into what you are already doing. It includes ideas for 5 and 15-minute time slots, activities that make use of materials already found in most classrooms, activity and take-home masters, five 45-55 minute lessons, and guidelines for planning a “MyPlate Family Food & Fun Night.”
Additional features include:
- Quick Start Guidelines to help you plan your activities and lessons.
- A five or ten day lesson plan.
- A sample Parent Letter template and invitation for MyPlate Family Food & Fun Night.
- A pre- and post learning evaluation.
- The integration of the 5-2-1-0 guidelines* (optional)
- Guidelines on how to teach MyPlate to children with food allergies.
- Correlations to specific Head Start requirements.
Details: 8 1/2" x 11", 28 pages, color cover, black and white interior pages.
|Additional Images : Click to enlarge|